CUC is currently seeking a Dispatcher / Receptionist to be the main point of contact for visitors to the office and clients calling the company. Provides administrative support to all managers and supervisors as required or directed. Performs a variety of dispatch and reception duties in support of company administration.
- Book six to eight appointments per day for the Gas Fitter Group.
- Monitor the status of the Gas Fitter’s to coordinate and prioritize their schedules in Outlook.
- Large mailouts sent weekly/ bi-weekly to FortisBC customers to secure appointments.
- BC One Call requests and renewals.
- Daily crew schedules for the Field crews.
- Billing backup as required.
- Operate switchboard by forwarding incoming calls, emails and in-person requests to appropriate locals, taking messages, and placing outgoing calls as requested.
- Prioritize calls and emails according to urgency and importance.
- Helping maintain workplace security and maintaining visitor logs and giving clients directions to various parts of the office. Explaining COVID protocol.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Follows established communications procedures in emergency situations such as fire and evacuation.
- Manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about any inquiries, requests, and activities.
- Assist Accounts Payable when required: includes reviewing vendor statements for missing invoices, indexing, and vacation coverage.
- Performs administrative duties such as copying, faxing, sorting, and filing.
- Maintains the supply room by keeping the room neat and tidy, ordering stationary supplies, and putting away/forwarding when they arrive.
- Maintain reception and coffee stations and kitchen area in a tidy and presentable manner, ensuring enough supplies and cleanliness.
- Assist in the organizing and coordination of office staff events and activities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Grade twelve education and two years of recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Administrative post-secondary training or Administrative Professional Certificate is considered an asset.
- JDE and Salesforce experience an asset.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required.
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate office related equipment.
- Ability to multi-task throughout the day in an everchanging environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and services ordering, as well as inventory control.
- Superior telephone manners and customer service orientation.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.